RE: Killing "Killed" Users

From: Singh Gunmeet-G14987 <G.Singh_at_motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:14:54 -0500

With Jared's method, you are doing the work that PMON does anyway and are killing the runaway/crashed processes and therefore the processes go away in the catalog tables.

But if you kill the process in oracle, you loose the information about the operating system process and then have to wait till PMON gets around to doing a cleanup.

Author: Holman, Rodney
  INET: rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may