Re: Purging database question

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:28:38 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Deepak Sharma wrote:

> We have database A, which needs to be periodically
> purged. But, at the same time we require to have
> another database B which contains all records of A
> (even the ones purged). Thus, database B should have
> everything (ever growing). Can anyone suggest a method
> or tool to achieve this ?
>
> -- Deepak Sharma

As someone has already suggested, it requires $$$.

This can be done with replication.

Not Oracle replication mind you, as it is not up to the task.

Sybase Replication Server could handle this easily.

No, that wasn't a typo. It can replicate an Oracle database, and without 2 phase commits. ( It's async )

I'm not overly fond of their DBMS, but their rep server is a very powerful product.

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address jkstill_at_teleport.com - private Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 19:28:38 CST