CACHE or NOCACHE

From: LOREN SUMMERS <loren_summers_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 08:26:26 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the list and oracle8. We have a table in which we will insert 100recs/second and update 200 recs/second. Should the table be put in KEEP buffer cache or in default cache.
For every insert in this table we receive an acknowlegement from another process in less than 20 minutes and based on that ack. two updates are performed on the same row in that table.

for eg. Insert into table
bigtable(col1,col2,col3,ack,priority) values

('Test','test2','test3','Y');

After 10 minutes
 Update table bigtable set ack ='Y' where col1='Test'; After 20 minutes
 Update table bigtable set priority =1 where col1='Test';

All these records are moved(Deleted) from this table to a history table every week.

I am not sure whether to put this table in keep cache or leave it in default cache.

Loren

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Get organized for the holidays! Received on Sun Nov 12 2000 - 10:26:26 CST