RE: More help on sort

From: Raghunath, Shivaswamy <Shivaswamy.Raghunath_at_qwest.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:36:49 -0500

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the info. But which column of plan table tells me "DISK SORT" (and not memory sort) is taking place. For example, I have the following plan here. Does "operation" column with SORT operation always means disk sort?

OPERATION                      OPTIONS                        OBJECT_NAME
POSITION         ID
CREATE INDEX STATEMENT
210255          0
  INDEX BUILD                  UNIQUE                         TEST
1          1
    SORT                       CREATE INDEX
1          2
      INDEX                    FAST FULL SCAN
COMMERCIAL_AGING_PK                     1          3

And if somebody can tell me the criteria to decide whether sort_area_size is optimised or not that will help me a lot. Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 08:36:49 CST