init.ora PROCESS parameter

From: Larry Taylor <ltaylor_at_iq.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:07:45 -0800

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me, how does the PROCESS parameter in the init.ora file affect the performance of the database. I can't seem to find any good information
in the 8.1.6 documentation.

Database is MTS configured.

My 8.1.6 database init.ora has the following options:

#processes = 50 #
SMALL
# processes = 100 #
MEDIUM
#processes = 200 # LARGE

processes = 800

What I have noticed is that, my database will not startup if the process value is greater
than 800.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 13:07:45 CST