Re: v$archived_log: Only 8i?

From: <Hannah.M.Doran_at_sb.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:01:58 -0500

Still can't do it, but I'm on a prod box so can't re-run any scripts. But I'm in the middle of rebuilding the test and devl (devlopment) server, so as soon as its up, I'll try it there. I have 8i at home, so when I go home, I'll go play with it there too:>

Thanks,

Hannah

"Michael Ray" <Michael.Ray_at_trw.com> on 11/10/2000 12:36:55 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:
Subject: Re: v$archived_log: Only 8i?

I am able to see it on 7.3.4 logged in as a user with DBA role so it does exist. If this is a new db, make sure you run the catalog script.

Michael Ray
Oracle DBA
TRW, Marshall, IL
217-826-3011 x2438

>>> Hannah.M.Doran_at_sb.com 11/10/00 06:05AM >>>

I'm running Oracle 7.3.4 and logging on as interna, when I try to query the v$archived_log view. I receive an error stating that the view does not exist. Is this view new to Oracle 8i? I've been going through the Oracle 8i DBA Bible in order to *sharpen* my skills:>

Author: Michael Ray
  INET: Michael.Ray_at_trw.com