Re: Access database in to oracle.

From: <Hannah.M.Doran_at_sb.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:47:13 -0500

try:

http://www.smartaccessnewsletter.com/sa/samag.nsf/WebIndexOfFreeTips/C68FA2D552C68A2A852568C5005265E5?opendocument

or

  1. Create a db in oracle
  2. create an ODBC source
  3. Open MS Access db you want to migrate
  4. Make sure ALL table names are changed to be ORacle compliant
  5. Use Access export function and select the ODBC source.

Its been awhile since I have done it this way, so I am hoping that I am not forgetting anything, JUST CHANGE all
the names of the MS Access tables to BE UPPERCASE in the very least case.

"Allan Davis Sahadeo" <asahadeo_at_neal-and-massy.com> on 11/10/2000 01:22:54 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:
Subject: Re: Access database in to oracle.

Sridhar,

    I don't know about any tools, but using ODBC you can load your data from access into an oracle database. All you need to do is install the following : Oracle SQL*NET and ODBC from a client software cd or if your databases are running on nt you should be able to get the same cd for the client installation.
Once installed you need to set up your sqlnet connect string to point to the database, use the tnsping utility. Then use the ODBC 32 bit administrator to set up an odbc connection.
Finally on your access database end you create a link table pointing to the Oracle database table you would like to load. A simple sql statement and all the data is transferred to oracle database. Allan.
Author: Allan Davis Sahadeo
  INET: asahadeo_at_neal-and-massy.com