Has anyone else experienced wierd behavior using svrmgrl in 8.1.6?

From: Terry Ball <terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:38:14 -0600

We recently upgraded a couple of database from 7.3.4.3 to 8.1.6.0 on Solaris 2.6. After the upgrade, when we tried to put the database in archive log mode (from within svrmgrl), we would get a bunch of errors. The database was in mount mode and the command - alter database archivelog; - was issued. It would return with statement processed but then there would be errors. An ORA-06550 followed by PL:S-00201.

When the command was issued from within sqlplus, we saw no errors. Has anyone else seen this on other platforms? (Or even on other Solaris releases)?

Since Oracle can not reproduce it, and since there is a work around (and svrmgrl is going away), Oracle WWW does not have any plans to address the problem.

TIA Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 09:38:14 CST