RE: is null / = null query

From: Rao, Maheswara <Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:04:08 -0500

Gkor,

When you want to compare null you use the clause IS NULL . Alternately, IS NOT NULL. As per your query, the second query is returning the result correctly. The first query returned zero rows because =NULL did not work.

Now, please clarify, what exactly you mean by saying that you did not expect to get answer from the first query?

Rao

Maheswara.Rao_at_SunGardP3.com