Re: question about profiles/sniped sessions

From: Tom Tyson <tomtysonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:01:23 -0800 (PST)

Lisa

I implemented a timeout feature with profiles and was getting a sniped sessions that also wouldn't go away. They unfortunately weren't getting cleaned up because of two reasons, the way oracle cleans it up, and how my developers wrote the Java pooling code. In my case I was using MTS, but I don't think besides the number of processes, there should be any difference in how it works. Basically, from what Oracle Support told me, the session needs to be accessed from the system that had a timeout in order for the session to be cleaned up. I balked at that solution, and trashed the whole profile configuration. So much for a good idea.. implemented in a bad way.

TOm Tyson
--- "Koivu, Lisa" <lkoivu_at_qode.com> wrote:
> Good morning -
>
> I just implemented a profile in our production database to kill sessions
> idle more than one hour. Our code as it stands does not appropriately clean
> up after itself (yet). However, I see sniped sessions that are still
> sitting idle - like 2.5 hours after being 'sniped'. This concerns me, as
> the O/S processes are still there, too.
>
> Can anyone tell me when these processes actually get cleaned up? I feel
> like I have to watch this now, and if that's the case then why use the
> profile in the first place?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lisa Rutland Koivu
> Oracle Database Administrator
> Qode.com
> 4850 North State Road 7
> Suite G104
> Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319
>
> V: 954.484.3191, x174
> F: 954.484.2933
> C: 954.658.5849
> http://www.qode.com
>
> "The information contained herein does not express the opinion or position
> of Qode.com and cannot be attributed to or made binding upon Qode.com."

Do You Yahoo!?
Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All in one Place. Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 20:01:23 CST