?: Time taken to import table with 20 millions records

From: Dash, Saroj (CAP,CEF) <Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 09:49:44 +0900

Hi,

I think first choice will be better.I think It takes more time compared = to
second.

5 Millon records using sqlload it takes around 50 minutes.

Now you decide.if i am wrong pl. tell me. Saroj.

-----OE=B3'=CCf=81fbfZ=81[fW-----
=8D=B7=8Fo=90l: Rudy Wahab [mailto:rudywahab_at_hotmail.com] '-=90M"=FAZz: Thursday, November 09, 2000 AM 09:25 ^=B6=90=E6: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L OE=8F-=BC: Time taken to import table with 20 millions records

Hi,

  I'm going to perform defragmentation process on my production = database.=20
There 24 tables that will be exported and imported back. These tables are very large from 3 million records to 20 million = records.

I would appreciate if someone who has done this process before can tell = me=20
who long does it take to perform this imp/exp process for table with 20 =

million records, 10 million records and 3 million records.

  Also, there are two way to do this ;
1. export table, drop table, import table back or 2. dump records into flat file, re-create table and use sqlloader to = put in=20
data.

  Which one is the best way to do it.

  (Oracle 7.3.4, Sun Solaris, Enterprise 10K machine)

Thanks in advance.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at=20 http://profiles.msn.com.

--=20

--=20

Author: Rudy Wahab
  INET: rudywahab_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 18:49:44 CST