Regarding Redo log

From: Dash, Saroj (CAP,CEF) <Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:57:30 +0900

Hello,

I need to rename the redo log files,

1.First i copy the  current redo log file to new redo log file in OS level .
2. after that i open the database in mount mode.
3. rename the redo log file like

alter database rename file 'D:/xhy/a.dbf ' to 'D:\xys/a.log' 4. Alter databsee open
then i want to see the v$logilfe,I found the status of thse file are INVALID. Then i force to do
alter system switch logfile 3 times.Now the status are showing Null.

Now please tell me what is the menaing of INVALID status. Is there any problem if it shows invalid.

Now please suggest me the orginal redo log file is still on OS level. can I delete that file from OS level.

Waiting for reply asap.

I know the status are stale,Incomplete and NULL,what is the meaning of Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 22:57:30 CST