RE: Is there a way to determine which client connects (JDBC) ?

From: Glenn Travis <Glenn.Travis_at_wcom.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:34:41 -0500

We use WebLogic as our app server. The app server runs on coco and scully. Here is on of the queries I use; (output follows).

select USERNAME,

        OSUSER,
        machine,
        PROGRAM,
        STATUS,
        type,
        module
        from       sys.v_$session

where USERNAME is not NULL
order by USERNAME, OSUSER
USERNAME     OSUSER       MACHINE                   PROGRAM
STATUS     TYPE         MODULE
------------ ------------ ------------------------- ------------------------
------ ---------- ------------ --------------------
ESP          Ashish       ASHISH               Toad.exe
INACTIVE   USER         T?O?A?D?
ESP          ron            ES_WKSTN1        SQLPLUSW.EXE          INACTIVE
USER         SQL*Plus
ESPADMIN     esp          scully                    java_at_scully (TNS V1-V3)
INACTIVE   USER
ESPADMIN     esp          scully                    java_at_scully (TNS V1-V3)
INACTIVE   USER
ESPADMIN     weblogic     coco                      java_at_coco (TNS V1-V3)
INACTIVE   USER
ESPADMIN     weblogic     coco                      java_at_coco (TNS V1-V3)
INACTIVE   USER
ESPADMIN     weblogic     coco                      java_at_coco (TNS V1-V3)
INACTIVE   USER
ESPADMIN     weblogic     coco                      java_at_coco (TNS V1-V3)
INACTIVE   USER
SYSTEM       oracle       hampton                   sqlplus_at_hampton (TNS
V1-V3)    ACTIVE     USER         01@ sessinfo2.sql