Re: Upgraded OS, now service will not start

From: Michael Ray <Michael.Ray_at_trw.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:40:54 -0800

Probably something bugged out in the registry. Have you tried deleting and = recreating them with ORADIM?

Also see doc id 37858.996 which was a forum entry from yesterday and see = if that may be your problem.

Michael Ray
Oracle DBA
TRW, Marshall, IL
217-826-3011 x2438

>>> kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com 11/08/00 11:21AM >>>
I have a couple of Oracle databases running on Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a. The version of Oracle is 8.1.6. I upgraded the OS to be Windows 2000. Now I can no longer start my services. It goes along like its going to start and then it comes back with an error about timing out. No other information
is given. The Event log has nothing logged. The error message is: Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request = in
a timely
fashion.

The rest of my Oracle stuff works fine. I can use EM and all other tools = I
have to connect to my Unix databases. The listener service does start.

-