Perl DBI Problem (Solved)

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 07:41:10 -0800 (PST)

Last night I posted a question about using Perl DBI connecting to Oracle. The problem is solved by copying an old version (8.1.5) Oracle libraries (the entire $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory) from one machine to this machine. Prior to running my testdb.pl, I set the environment variable on command line LD_LIBRARY_PATH to this library directory. It seems that simply copying one or two library files didn't help.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

I wrote:

I have a simple Perl program using DBI trying to connect to Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.6. I got the following error:

$ testdb.pl ip2 ip1 ip1
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: symbol
nauzaoss: referenced symbol not found at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm line 166.

 at (eval 1) line 2

 at testdb.pl line 12
[snipped]

Do You Yahoo!?
Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All in one Place. Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 09:41:10 CST