Upgraded OS, now service will not start

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:19:19 -0800

I have a couple of Oracle databases running on Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a. The version of Oracle is 8.1.6. I upgraded the OS to be Windows 2000. Now I can no longer start my services. It goes along like its going to start and then it comes back with an error about timing out. No other information
is given. The Event log has nothing logged. The error message is: Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

I do know that this version of Oracle works on this version of 2000 because I upgraded my managers PC and was able to install Oracle after the fact and create a database that I can start and stop the service.

The rest of my Oracle stuff works fine. I can use EM and all other tools I have to connect to my Unix databases. The listener service does start.

Kimberly Smith
EDS
Fujitsu/GMD
21015 SE Stark St
Gresham, OR
97030
Phone: (503) 669-6050
Fax : (503) 669-5705 Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 11:19:19 CST