Change Server Name on NT Box (how to)

From: Gary Norwell <gnorwell_at_hybridturkeys.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:48:35 -0500

I recently installed an Oracle 8i database on an NT box previously used for another application. No problems, other than our network admin now wants me to change the name of the NT box.

I did a quick check and noted that the current name of the NT machine is part of the listener control file. From an Oracle perspective, it appears that I have to modify the listener parameters to reflect the new machine name, but what other considerations (if any) are there to consider before implementing this change?

Gary Norwell, Database Developer
Hybrid Turkeys a Division of Nutreco Canada 650 Riverbend Drive, Suite "C"
Kitchener Ontario Canada N2K 3S2
(519) 578-2740 Fax (519) 578-1870