Re: ORA-222

From: Michael Netrusov <mn_at_g-fax.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:51:57 -0500

Hi Adam,

00222, 00000, "operation would reuse name of a currently mounted controlfile"
// *Cause: The filename supplied as a parameter to the ALTER DATABASE BACKUP

//          CONTROLFILE command or to cfileSetSnapshotName matches the
//          name of the specified currently mounted controlfile.
// *Action: Retry the operation with a different filename.

so I assume, you wanted to write:
alter database backup controlfile to
'/u01/oradata/cmdb/control01.ctl.backup'

Regards,
Michael