Re: Performance tuning

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 03:05:16 GMT

well, in my shop I'd replace 1-5 (two #5's?) with "USER Yelling" but that's close.. and my CEO has a tendency to send emails asking why the site is slow... that's DEFINITELY #1 on my list of "uh oh, better do something FAST" indicators

>From: "Charlie Mengler" <charliem_at_mwh.com>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: Re: Performance tuning
>Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 14:28:05 -0800
>
>1) USER Feedback
>2) USER Feedback
>3) USER Feedback
>4) USER Feedback
>5) USER Feedback
>5) USER Feedback
>6) CPU Utilization
>7) DISK Utilization
>8) RAM Utilization
>9) Net Utilization
>10) Manager's Satisfaction
>
>HTH & YMMV!
>

>Roy Ferguson wrote:
> >
> > can I get some feedback from dba's out there have have a top 10 or so
>list of
> > things they regularly look for when doing performance tuning?...what
>things do
> > you look at or for to determine the overall status of a database?
>--
>--
>Author: Charlie Mengler
> INET: charliem_at_mwh.com

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 21:05:16 CST