Re: SQL*Loader question

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:10:16 -0500

In your control file you can list the column position of the data for the = field is they are always in the same char position(fixed format records). = Fld1 1:12 fld2 13:19 etc.
 I have tried to load data into a table and not load the first column that = was included in the source data and could not easily get it to work. There = may be a way but I could not get it this am during tests. You could load = the data into a temp table and then insert into with a select clause if = the tables are not really large. I would also write a procedure to load = the end table with the final data and commit the data every so many = records loaded.
ROR =AA=BF=AA
>>> charliem_at_mwh.com 11/06/00 04:10PM >>>
I have a decent number of BIG flat files that need to get loaded into = Oracle.
The 1st field of each of these records is the "table_name". I do NOT want = to
load this field into Oracle. These are variable formated records with = fields
separated by TAB characters. I just want to load fields 2 - 6 and avoid loading field #1. How can I avoid loading the table_name into Oracle using sqlldr? I know I could "solve" this problem by re-writing the flat files without this data, but I'm hoping for a better solution.

below is a sample control file used to load all the fields.

--=20
Charlie Mengler               Maintenance Warehouse =20
charliem_at_mwh.com              10641 Scripps Summit Ct  =20
858-831-2229                  San Diego, CA 92131   =20
You don't know what you don't know. Think about it. --=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 10:10:16 CST