Technical Goals

From: Joshi Rajanish <dbaoracle2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 09:07:38 -0800 (PST)

Dear List ,
One of My friend given me a exercise to do on oracle Database with following goal can you help me in it.I already woking on this and need help on

1)To design a database system which can handle load of 600GB ? ans: Partition /Indexes ,use raid1 or raid5 please comment. 2)How to make this system robust 24*7?
ans: stand by database,archieve log database. 3)performance tuning
ans:At design time what a care to be taken? please comment. 4)How to take care of backup and recovery an automatic failover? Ans:Not much on automatic failover please help.How much time it will take to recover?

If any body can help me in locating material/links/comments it will be very helpful to me in this exercise .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rajanish Joshi
Oracle DBA