Please help - TOAD - missing OCI.dll

From: Szecsy Tamas <tszecsy_at_GEOMETRIA.hu>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:18:26 +0100

Hi,

I installed Oracle 8i and Dev6i in separate homes on WinNT. TOAD would not start, it's complaining about the missing OCI.DLL.

I thought that the problem lies there that the OCI.DLL of Oracle 8i is not good for TOAD. I tryed to install Oracle 7 client, but it would not install in a new and separate home, it would like to install itself into Oralce 8i's home. That's no good, I think, but I can't persuade the installer, that it should ignore Oracle 8i's home.

Copying the proper OCI.DLL in to a directory in the path did not help. I think the OCI.DLL should be registered, but I don't know how.

Does any body have a clue, how should I proceed?

TIA, Tamas Szecsy Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 09:18:26 CST