RE: ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management resource

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:48:30 EST

Charlie,
If it is one time messages, then you can ignore it. However, if these are constant messages coupled with certain batch jobs specially Datawarehouse updates , then you can study metalinks notes. I had this problem last year with Dataware House(designed by Oracle Consulting) nightly batch job and there were couple of suggestions on this list but frankly speaking it is a disputed issue and requires lot of adjustment to your TEMP tablespace including placement of datafiles with large extents,spreading your I/O's on different controllers and filesystems, reorganizing rollback segements etc with lot of hit and trial then you may be successful. It also requires fastest possible disk drives. According to Oracle Consulting it was a normal behaviour, however I was successful to resolve it with my ex-contract job with AT&T Solutions.

Regards
Rafiq

From: "Deshpande, Kirti" <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com> Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: RE: ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management resource Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:35:49 -0800

Hi Charlie,
  How lucky your are !!
  One of my co-workers ran into this yesterday. There is good information on Metalink on this issue. Please refer to Note:61997.1 and other mentioned articles. Hope that helps..
- Kirti Deshpande

   http://www.superpages.com

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
   INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com