Re: Developer 6i for linux

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:54:14 EST

Magesh,
Not finding TEST is a DNS issue, not Oracle. You need to register that IP address with your DNS server. As far as the other error, can you ping that IP address? Is port 8080 the correct port? Are you using WebDB for your web server or a different web server like Apache or IIS?

If you can't pull up an HTML page, you have some basic connectivity issue. It's not the Forms Server yet. Your web server is not responding to your request. Does your site use a proxy server? It may be blocking your request. Check your browser and disable any proxy setting and try it again.

There's documentation on Technet that explains how to run the Forms Server and the different components that are involved.

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting

In a message dated 11/6/2000 4:32:53 AM Central Standard Time, magesh_at_garoo.ne.jp writes:

<< Hi Guys !!

 I am very new to developer 6i , need some help from you guys, Actually I  was Installed developer 6i , Oracle 8i on RedHat Linux 6.2 and also  confirmed oracle database, Listener , form server and Web db Listener are  running . The Command show....ps -aef | grep "f60"

   f60srvm port 9000 pool 1 mode so
   f60webm webfile = 6,4,PID 3488

 By this , I confirmed form server & web db listener are running.

 The last step of installation says to test the configuration by this url.  http://test.:8080/dev60html/runform.htm

 Now i want to know this url can be checked in Linux server or client  machine, But i checked in the linux server , It says <<Netscape unable to  find the server "TEST">> , Instead of giving hostname , I used IP address  http://210.227.71.37:8080/dev60html/runform.htm , then it gives an error "  <<Netscape's network connection was refused  by the server 210.227.71.37:8080, The server may not accepting connections  are may be busy>>.

 Please , any one suggest me , how to resolve this problem , How to deploy a  new screens in application server (internet) and any configuration is  required at the client side. Is there any site to guide me step by step  procedure (for Linux.) Received on Mon Nov 06 2000 - 08:54:14 CST