More VIGNETTE issues

From: Thomas Jeff <ThomasJe_at_tce.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 08:16:36 -0500

For those of you whom are working with e-commerce sites using Vignette, I would appreciate if could shed some light on the following issues we've recently uncovered:

  1. In the Vignette bin directory, there is a constantly growing sqlnet.log with the same errors repeated:

    Time: 04-NOV-00 03:46:12
    Tracing not turned on.
    Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 12206
    TNS-12206: TNS:received a TNS error during navigation     ns main err code: 12545
    TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist     ns secondary err code: 12560
    nt main err code: 515
    TNS-00515: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

   I've turned on server-side tracing, but this, and the listener.log,    are showing any errors. I've yet to turn on client-side tracing, but I    was hoping someone would have a quick answer from past experience with    Vignette.

   I know there are bugs associated with Vignette's password encryption,    and I suspect some of this could be due to invalid connect strings    caused by these bugs. The thing is, the site is performing satisfactorily,

   despite these sqlnet errors.

2) We ran a sniffer on the pipe between Vignette and the Oracle server, and

   noticed an unusual amount of network traffic. Closer examination    showed the following fragment, which show ups in a repetitive constant stream:

   OOPEN CURSOR
   ORA-1003 No statement parsed
   OCANCEL      Checking 1003 says basically that an OCI call is trying to open an cursor    which has no associated parsed SQL.

It could be 1) and 2) are related. Our Vignette programmers have no clue as to
what could be happening with #2. Received on Sat Nov 04 2000 - 07:16:36 CST