Re: [ROLLBACK SEGMENT FAILED]

From: S Jayakumar <sjayakumar2000_at_usa.net>
Date: 3 Nov 00 20:50:17 MST

Hi ,

try this parameter in the init .ora & start the database.

_corrupted_rollback_segments=3D(rbs1,rbs2...)

where rbs1,rbs2 are the rollbacksegments in rbs1.dbf file .

after starting , drop these segment & create a new rollack segments.

regards,
Jay

Abhijit Saswadkar <Abhijit.Saswadkar_at_originindia.com> wrote:

> --------------------------------------------- =

> MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> --------------------------------------------- =

HI ALL, We are running oracle 8.1.5 on Win NT 4

We extended the datafile rbs01.dbf to have size 61440, but by mistake clicked on MB instead of KB. Server was applying this size for some time = and
then stopped . =

Now we are unable to open the database. We need to alter the size of the rollback segment to older one and start the instance. But when I say alte= r
database open in SVRMGR, it gives me ORA-01122, -01110, -01251 errors.

Bad thing is there is no coldbackup to restore the file from =

what steps should i take to recover ?

Regards,

Abhijit A. Saswadkar.

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D= 1

 From: S Jayakumar <sjayakumar2000_at_usa.net>  Date: 3 Nov 00 21:35:03 MST
 Subject: Re: [Re: Connection Problem]

hello

the log destination directory where lsnr generates log does not have writ= e
permissions other than oracle user it seems. please give write permission=  to
the user you are logging in for running lsnr & try.

hope this solves the problem

Jay

"Giri Gajjela" <yadagiri.gajjela_at_wipro.com> wrote: Hi,

    I copied the .profile of Oracle user. But still its giving the same problem.

Giri