Re: select * from all_jobs returns no row?

From: Malik Michael <mmalyk_at_cryptologic.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 11:36:42 -0500

Hi Guang !

Both of them (ALL_JOBS,USER_JOBS) are public synonyms of 'user_jobs' view and have the same meaning. Look at this statement from $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catjobj.sql
script:

create or replace view USER_JOBS
as select j.* from dba_jobs j where j.priv_user = USER; /
comment on table USER_JOBS is
'All jobs owned by this user'
/

drop public synonym USER_JOBS
/
create public synonym USER_JOBS for USER_JOBS /
grant select on USER_JOBS to public with grant option /
drop public synonym ALL_JOBS
/
create public synonym ALL_JOBS for USER_JOBS /
grant select on ALL_JOBS to public with grant option /

I've got the same result for both SELECT queries: SELECT * FROM user_jobs;
SELECT * FROM all_jobs;

Environment: RDBMS ORACLE 8.0.5

Michael Malyk
Oracle Programmer