RE: object tables

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:39:54 +0300

Hi Sean and List

Yes, you are right. AFAIK Oracle does not support inheritance for objects in PL/SQL environment. You can use Java. I read that Oracle introduced 'client-side object cache' for 8.0 and upwards ( It appears as additional service for NT). There are corresponding OCI calls to use it. Oracle declares that one of the advantages of using the cache is opportunity to get a set of related objects (graph or tree of objects) in a one call from server. If someone from List had experience of working with client-side object cache it would be very interesting to hear an overall opinion.

Thanks

Ed