RE: password for internal

From: Javier Morales <Javier_at_infojobs.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:56:55 +0100

All users will be under the DEFAULT profile... so you can manage it as = one
other profile...

The sintax of profiles is really simple...

CREATE PROFILE my_profile LIMIT
failed_login_attemps [n]
password_life_time [n]
password_reuse_max [n]
idle_time [n (...in minutes) ]=20
;

The same way for ALTER PROFILE, DROP, etc...

And then alter the user to specify the profile you chosed...

You don't have to shutdown your database, you just launch that script = and
verify that you will turn the parameter RESOURCE_LIMIT =3D true;

ALTER SYSTEM SET RESOURCE_LIMIT=3Dtrue

I hope this would help... try to "limit" the DEFAULT profile and it = will be
for all users...
... but take care... there will no longer exist the tipical user=3Dpassword... you know what I mean... Oracle wouldn't let users = have
passwords the same as their username...

Author: =3D?iso-8859-2?Q?Sonja_=3DA9ehovi=3DE6?=3D   INET: sonja.sehovic_at_zg.tel.hr

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 08:56:55 CST