Re: Why SQL%ROWCOUNT is returning 1 even when no records are found

From: Tom Pall <tom_at_cdproc.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:29:30 -0600

Correct.

You are using it inappropriately here.

This is from the pl/sql reference: "SQL group functions such as AVG and SUM always return a value or a null. So, a SELECT INTO statement that calls a group function will never raise NO_DATA_FOUND." So testing for %notfound won't work either. Looks like you'll have to change your query. ----- Original Message -----
From: Ajay K <ajay_at_tems.com>
To: Tom Pall <tom_at_cdproc.com>
Cc: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: Why SQL%ROWCOUNT is returning 1 even when no records are found