Re: PL/SQL and file's permissions

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:39:28 -0800 (PST)

If your intent is to make the files readable to someone else, try this.

Create a new unix group. ( utlfilegrp for instance )

Assign this group to whoever needs file access.

chgrp and chmod the file directory.

e.g.

files go in /app/utl_file

chgrp utlfilegrp /app/utl_file
chmod g+s /app/utl_file

Files created by oracle via UTL_FILE in /app/utl_file will now have a group of utlfilegrp.

Jared

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, DEMANCHE Luc (Cetelem) wrote:

> Hi Gurus,=20
> I would like to know if I can change a file's permission in PL/SQL
> stored procedures.=20
> In a stored proc, we created flat files on Unix and they have "oracle"
> and "oinstall" as the owner and group.=20
> Can we change the owner and group on the flat file that I have created
> in stored procedures?=20

>=20

> TIA=20
>=20

> Luc Demanche=20
> CETELEM=20
> T=E9l.: 01-46-39-14-49=20
> Fax : 01-46-39-59-88=20

>=20
>=20

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 18:39:28 CST