select * from all_jobs returns no row?

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:12:33 GMT

Hi:

A qucik question about "all_jobs".

I got no rows returned when issuing:

select * from all_jobs ;

I can view the jobs by using "user_jobs" and "dba_jobs". Oracle documentation does not mention "all_jobs". Here is part of the doc:

You can view information about jobs in the job queue via the data dictionary views in Table 8-6:

Table 8-6 Views for Job Queue Information View Description
DBA_JOBS
Lists all the jobs in the database.

USER_JOBS
Lists all jobs owned by the user.

DBA_JOBS_RUNNING
Lists all jobs in the database that are currently running. This view joins V$LOCK and JOB$.

But if I do "desc all_jobs" I can see all the columns. So what does this "all_jobs" do then?

TIA Guang

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 10:12:33 CST