SQLNET problems (TNS....)

From: <s.aswani_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 05:43:47 -0500 (EST)

Jeff T.,
Your application OR/& Web servers may be experiencing TIMEOUTS. Look for latch free, pmon timer,rdbms ipc message, virtual circuit status, dispatacher timer in the v$system_event. If those are high then it may be CONNECTION POOL configuration. Try to access the application using IE from outside your own network and monitor the application, web server logs. Are there any timeouts ? What kind of software you have on the appl and web server ? Send me your configuration as a block diagram & the software on servers. I have managed to gain little bit inside into this and found that there are too many wild goose chase traps. Good luck.
Sunder Aswani.
Senior Oracle E-Commerce DBA consultant. London (UK) s.aswani_at_iname.com

Get free personalized email at http://www.iname.com Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 04:43:47 CST