DB Refreshes Using RMAN?

From: <dmeng_at_focal.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:35:55 -0600

Hi All -
I am using RMAN for all of our database backups and it works great for recovery situations.
But is there any way to do database refreshes using RMAN? I know in 8i you can duplicate
a database, has anyone used this feature to do db refreshes? Any caveats? What about earlier database versions like 8.0.5?

Thanks

Dennis Meng
Database Administrator
Focal Communications
847-954-8328 Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 12:35:55 CST