Re: Any Powermart user out there ?

From: <Prasada.Gunda1_at_hartfordlife.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:48:40 -0500

Hi,
we use powercenter 1.6.1 and we also truncate some of the tables before the load.

The way we do that is, set up a stored procedure that truncates the given table which takes schema name and table name as parameters . Then you can keep that stored procedure in the map as pre-session load. That way you can truncate the table instead of going through delete process . All you need is grant execute privileges on that stored procedure to the user who is running the session.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further information.

regards,
prasad

paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com> on 11/02/2000 11:05:42 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

 To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
          <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

 cc:      (bcc: Prasada R Gunda/HLIFE)

 Subject: Any Powermart user out there ?

Hi,

The dev team is using Powermart as the ETL tool. They are empying the working tables before each load. To do that Powermart is using a truncate instead of a delete.

That goes against my setup as the user running Powermart is not the owner of the tables but another user with select,update,delete,insert privileges. Of course that user can not do truncate table.

I have for principle that the owner of the tables is never used to run jobs.

Can Powermart uses delete to empty the tables ? The number of rows are quite small, less than 50 000 rows per table.

TIA

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 11:48:40 CST