DBID

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:38:36 +0100

Can anyone tell me please how unique is DBID for a database. Is it unique for every Oracle DB created anywhere, i.e. any O.S. on any machine anywhere in the world?. Does anyone have any inside track on the algortihm used to generate the DBID or know of any papers, Web sites with info on same. I've had a look through Oracle manuals and MetaLink and not found (or missed I hope!) anything relating to above.

Sean :)

#    #   #    #  #    #  #    #  Rookie
#    #  #######  ######  #    #  Adminstrator
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
E-mail: sean.oneill_at_organon.ie [subscribed: Digest Mode]

Visit: http://www.egroups.com/group/Oracle-OCP-DBA

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.