Reports Server 3.0 Logging Capabilities

From: larry elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:35:42 -0600

Listers,

On HP-UX 11.0, DB 7.3.4.3, Reports Server 3.0, is it possible to determine the command line that was used to queue/execute a report? Using web enabled forms (5.0), the HOST command is used to pass a "r30clim ......." command to the OS to schedule/execute a report.

Yes, I have done a lot of RTFM and searches on Metalink and OTN (I found a feature for 6i that was also back ported to 6.0 that provided this info -- a table and package solution that captures such things). And, I have pretty simple workarounds to capture what I need. But, before implementing any of those solutions and pushing them to production, I wanted to find out if it was possible to get this info through some sort of Reports Server 3.0 feature. Reports Server configuration isn't an area where I am skilled.

And yes, I would open a TAR and/or simply ask Oracle Support; but, all contact with Oracle Support has to go through one of two people, and, asking this question doesn't seem to be high on their list of things "to do".

Maybe the Reports Server can be started with parameters such as (1) _make_sql_run_faster = 10000, (2) _capture_the_command_line = TRUE, and, (3) give Larry 16 weeks paid time off per year ;-)

It will be Friday before most people see this; so, I don't think I am too early in wishing everyone a good weekend.

Regards, Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 19:35:42 CST