pl/sql and table defaults

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 12:26:35 -0500

List,
  I have a problem with the loading of tables using pl/sql. In my = procedure I have defaulted the variables to 0 and the procedure will = gather data from 2 sales tables based on store ID and place it in a = S_temp table. The procedure will also gather data from two order tables = based on store ID and place it in a O_temp table. This portion of the = procedure work ok. The problem shows it head when the procedure gathers = data from the sales and order tables based on the store ID and enters the = data in a total_tab. If there is no entries for the store in the sales = tables but there are entries in the order tables, the procedure will make = and entry in the total_tab and have "null" values in the fields related to = the sales columns. I have set the defaults for the columns in the = total_tab to 0 for all numeric columns .=20   How do I get around the loading of nulls when the default value is set = to 0 on the columns when using pl/sql?? Short of re-writing the procedure = with a lot of NVL's , is there any other answer?

Thanks,
ROR =AA=BF=AA Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 11:26:35 CST