Sugguestions and Experiences with Character sets

From: Tom Tyson <tomtysonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:02:33 -0800 (PST)

Fellow DBA's

Got a question for you, I have a client who is looking to change their database character set from US7ASCII to <something> to support the following languages: American English, German, French and Spanish. I was going to suggest to them to use WE8ISO8859P1 as a database character set, but was inclined to suggest going ahead with UTF-8. I have used UTF-8 on one database, and so far no problems, but wanted to know if anyone has any horror stories or anything to make me feel better about going either way. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks in Advance...
Tom Tyson

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE. http://im.yahoo.com/ Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 12:02:33 CST