error with upgrade of 8.1.6 to 8.1.6.2.1

From: James Bullard <jbullard_at_onvia.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:20:51 -0800

Hi there, I have opened a TAR with Oracle on this one, but I am wondering if anyone on the list has encountered a similar problem.

I have downloaded the 32bit patch/upgrade for Sun Solaris, we're using version 7. I exploded the tar file and ran the installer when it processes the .jar file it errors saying "Problem encountered, Invalid Staging area. There are no top level components for Solaris available for install from this staging area."

Again the instance is 8.1.6.0 on Solaris.

Thanks for any assistance,
James

James Bullard, Oracle DBA
Onvia.com