Problem with BLAT; was: Oracle NT Automatic mailing

From: Helmut Daiminger <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:57:44 -0800

Hi!

I tried the steps that Jeff has given below. I want a tablespace report to be mailed to me every day.

  1. copied the file to winnt/system32
  2. when I ran the install routine, I get this:

   c:\>Blat -install mail.company.com PEPE_on_DEVDATA_at_company.com    Failed to open registry key for Blat profile , using default.

   SMTP server set to mail.company.com on port with user PEPE_on_DEVDATA_at_company.com, retry 1 time(s)

Then I tried it again:

   c:\>Blat -install mail.company.com PEPE_on_DEVDATA_at_company.com

   SMTP server set to mail.company.com on port with user PEPE_on_DEVDATA_at_company.com, retry 1 time(s)

3. I then created a BAT file that I run using the task scheduler:

   set oracle_sid=pepe
   blat c:\tablespace_usage.txt -s "Daily tablespace report for PEPE on DEVDATA"
        -t myname_at_company.com -f PEPE_on_DEVDATA_at_company.com    exit

When the scheduled task runs, it hangs and the cmd process is taking up about 70% of the CPU resources. After ten minutes I killed the process using task manager.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

This is 8.1.6.1.2 on Win2k.

Thanks,
Helmut