Problem with BLAT; was: Oracle NT Automatic mailing

From: Helmut Daiminger <>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:57:44 -0800

I tried the steps that Jeff has given below. I want a tablespace report to be mailed to me every day.

  1. copied the file to winnt/system32
  2. when I ran the install routine, I get this:

   c:\>Blat -install    Failed to open registry key for Blat profile , using default.

   SMTP server set to on port with user, retry 1 time(s)

Then I tried it again:

   c:\>Blat -install

   SMTP server set to on port with user, retry 1 time(s)

3. I then created a BAT file that I run using the task scheduler:

   set oracle_sid=pepe
   blat c:\tablespace_usage.txt -s "Daily tablespace report for PEPE on DEVDATA"
        -t -f    exit

When the scheduled task runs, it hangs and the cmd process is taking up about 70% of the CPU resources. After ten minutes I killed the process using task manager.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

This is on Win2k.