RE: gcc error during installation on solaris2.6

From: Rao, Maheswara <Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:25:01 -0500

We burnt our fingers terribly on this issue. First I installed gcc compiler and c 5.0 compiler together. After this, 816 was installed. The installation went OK.

Later, our sys admin deleted c 5.0 compiler and some 64 bit sun utility. Then the fun started. We could not relink the libraries and we could not bring up the database. I raised a production tar on this. Oracle came to the help very quickly and they told us to install c 5.0. Oracle support asked me to run some unix commands and then finally identified the missing sun utility. We installed the missing sun utility and then relinked. Everything became OK. So, 816 does not work with gcc somehow (I believe).

Rao

Maheswara.Rao_at_SunGardP3.com