Re: how to define date column in a table with only mm/dd/yyyy

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:18:51 -0500

It doesn't matter what you store in the field. It must have the column = type "DATE". Oracle will automatically add the hours, minutes, and seconds = of 00-00-00 if you enter a date of MM-DD-YYYY into the field. To make sure = that you are only getting the MM-DD-YYYY in the output use the truncate = command in your querry.
ROR =AA=BF=AA
>>> Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com 10/31/00 12:31PM >>>
Hi All,

I have table that contains a column - TRADE_DATE.

This column should always contain only the date portion - mm/dd/yyyy. It SHOULD NOT contain time portion.

Is there any way, I can define this column or can I use some kind of constraint clauses on this column? If yes, please tell me how to do this.

TIA, Rao

Maheswara.Rao_at_SunGardP3.com=20

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: Rao, Maheswara
  INET: Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 13:18:51 CST