RE: hmmm.....

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_OBG.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:46:11 -0500

There is one VERY large problem with vouchers. The private schools will = skim off all the motivated and healthy students. What we will have left in = the public schools is the handicapped, violent, and uneducated. So we = would have the most expensive students all gathered together and the = available tax money has been given to the private schools. The net result = would be very expensive public schools and higher taxes. On the plus side, = the more motivated students would probably get a better education.

>>> "Kirsh, Gary" <gary.kirsh_at_gs.com> 10/31/00 04:21PM >>>
I was thinking of the US Constitution, since I hear vouchers being debated at the federal level in the presidential campaigns. You are right, = though,
it should be a state/local issue, as should most things with which the federal gov't gets involved.
Gary

Author: Schilling, Ben
  INET: Ben.Schilling_at_oci.state.wi.us=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). --=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: Kirsh, Gary
  INET: gary.kirsh_at_gs.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 15:46:11 CST