RE: Storing html pages in DB

From: Tom Tyson <tomtysonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:20:32 -0800 (PST)

I've worked in apps that stored large HTML source in an Oracle database, and it used a datatype of CLOB. We didn't encounter any real problems with storing the data in that type of field, but just check to see what type of connection is going to retrieve the HTML from the database field. In that particular job, we had to use the OCI jdbc drivers with our Java code to allow the retrieval of the CLOB data to occur. The application was unable to do this with the thin JDBC driver. I have to look back as to why, there was some reason but can't remember it. :)

Tom Tyson