sqlldr questions

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:38:03 -0800

I need to use sqlldr to load about 32GB worth of data as a one-shot deal. I ran an initial test over this last weekend. The test revealed some "dirty" data.

Can sqlldr be configured such that it simply does a sanity test on the data to verify that all the records are in acceptable format WITHOUT actually going thru the overhead of loading the data? If so, how?

I'm running the instance in archive mode. The test load job consumed all the disk space where the redo logfiles get deposited. Is there any way to configure sqlldr so that logging is DISBALED? If so, how?

--
Charlie Mengler               Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com              10641 Scripps Summit Ct