Oracle connection problems after change of IP address

From: Koen Lefever <Koen.Lefever_at_dexia.be>
Date: 30 Oct 2000 14:16:33 +0100

Hi Folks,

I have a problem I'd like to post to this list:

We have an Oracle 7.3.4.0.0 server on a PC with Windows NT 4.0. In this PC was an Ethernet card with IP address A.B.C.D. A Token Ring card was added to the PC with IP address E.F.G.H and the IP address of the Ethernet card was changed from A.B.C.D into I.J.K.L.

When I try to connect to Oracle from the server itself, all is fine. If we try to connect from the network, we get error ORA-12224 (no listener) or ORA-12203. In the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files are no IP adresses but DNS names. These look fine: if I ping to the DNS name which is in the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files, I get the correct IP address E.F.G.H for the token ring card. In the Listener.log file, however, I see Oracle is listening to the new Ethernet address I.J.K.L. Oracle should not use the Ethernet card anymore, but we can't throw it out because the backups (on NT level) are taken trhough this Ethernet card. Is there another place in the Oracle configuration where I have to change the IP address into E.F.G.H?

Thanks in advance,
Koen.

 From: "Dewhurst, Cy" <cy.dewhurst_at_rbch-tr.swest.nhs.uk>  Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:36:39 -0000
 Subject: RE: Boy am I lucky or what?

Why not put Tru64 Unix on the Alpha? Received on Mon Oct 30 2000 - 07:16:33 CST