Datamodeling - Generic Arc Design

From: Jeff Cox <jeff.cox_at_ips-sendero.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:32:00 -0000

Hello,

I am creating a Table Instance Chart from an E-R diagram and was wondering if there is a "rule of thumb" on how to reference the foreign key for my Arc.

I need to create my foreign key reference for Table A which MUST pull the primary key from EITHER Table B or Table C. This foreign key is also part of the primary key for Table A.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff Cox
IPS-Sendero
Scottsdale, AZ Received on Mon Oct 30 2000 - 05:32:00 CST