RE: RAID

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:22:14 -0500

In this description "spindle" is a concept where any number of drives are =
treated as one drive or device. Lose the connection to the device and you =
lose the access to all of the data stored on the RAID5 drive not just the =
data stored on 1 of the physical drives composing the RAID5 configuration. ROR =AA=BF=AA >>> Satar.Naghshineh_at_irvine.mellesgriot.com 10/30/00 01:40PM >>> That I understand. You were using "spindle" to mean "Logical device". When = I
see the word "spindle", I think of the physical spindle of a hard drive. = So,
in a RAID5 configuration, you are using multiple spindles (Which was my initial statement).

Regards,
Satar