RE: Filesystem not freeing up space

From: David Barbour <DBarbour_at_connectsouth.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:08:30 -0500

Lee,

You don't say what OS you're using, but I had a similar situation when I was on AIX 4.2 running Oracle 7.3.4. For some reason, the inodes weren't properly updated after a reorg. If I ran a du, it updated the space statistics.

Regards,

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA - ConnectSouth
512-681-9438
dbarbour_at_connectsouth.com

Author: James Howerton
  INET: jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu

<http://www.orafaq.com>
  INET: Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.
Author: lerobe - Lee Robertson
  INET: LEROBE_at_acxiom.co.uk

Author: lerobe - Lee Robertson